Saturday, December 09, 2006

Mom Thought about Her Sons

Growing up Mom always put her children first. She made sure that we had before she did. When I visited her at the nursing home, I was reminded of that. Mom for the last two years has not been able to clearly verbalize her thoughts.

Today was different, she was very alert and spoke more than usual. I was able to understand her. I was preparing to assist feeding her dinner. I got her some extra drinks and began to feed her. She likes to look at everything on her tray and move the items around. I saw she was putting some things to the side. She told me this is for her sons and she called them by name. I did all I could to hold back the tears of joy. I did not want her to see me crying and think that something was wrong. What she said and did showed me we are still in thoughts.

No comments: