Sunday, December 03, 2006

Love One Another

As I was on my way to church today I was looking at the people. You begin to identify different religions by the way they dress. If you are carrying a Bible you may be considered a Christian. I say may be, because some cults also carry Bibles. I thought to myself if I did not have my Bible what would someone looking at me think. At first glance would they guess, she is a Born Again Believer. Then, I though of Jesus and what He said about our identity.
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34-35 NIV)

Are we being identified as His disciples by the love we have one for another?

I saw today an excellent message by Dr. Charles Stanley on the Love that Jesus has for us. I highly recommend viewing his message. The title is A God of Love Dec. 3, 2006, the message can be found in InTouchTV. http://ww2.intouch.org/site/c.7nKFISNvEqG/b.1013839/k.BF44/Home.htm

I started my day with thoughts of identity and ended my evening with the love God has for us. Jesus loves us unconditionally and He is commanding us to love each other as He loves us. WOW! that is all I can say for now.

No comments: