Monday, October 09, 2006

Reflecting on Matthew 3:13-17 (NASB)

Today, I was reflecting on the scriptures I wrote about yesterday Matthew 3:13-17. I pondered on the words the Spirit of God. I remembered that the Spirit of God was upon others in the Bible.

I am noting a few scriptures and I encourage you to search for others.

The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. (Genesis 1:2 NASB)

"See, I have called by name Bezalel, the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah.
"I have filled him with the Spirit of God in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all kinds of craftsmanship, to make artistic designs for work in gold, in silver, and in bronze, (Exodus 31:2-4 NASB)

After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, (Matthew 3:16 NASB)

From the beginning the Spirit of God is in motion. The Spirit of God is associated with wisdom, understanding and knowledge. The Spirit of God descends upon Jesus. Jesus Ministry is set into motion and He is filled with wisdom, understanding and knowledge.

As we study of the words of Jesus, the power of the Spirit of God will unfold.

No comments: