Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Journey Through the Red Letters

This past summer we had a guest speaker. He shared when he became a Born Again Believer he had never read the Bible. When he opened the Bible He began reading the red letters. The letters in red are Jesus words. Since he was going to be a follower of Jesus Christ he wanted to do what Jesus did.

I thought Wow, that is a good place to begin your spiritual walk.

As I thought about the above testimony, I decided to write about the words of Jesus. Of course I will not do it all in one posting, it shall be an on going process.

My prayer is that you and I will grow in our spiritual walk as we take this journey together.

Scripture Matthew 3:13-17 New American Standard Bible
Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The Gospel According to Matthew is the first book in the New Testament. In the first chapter we are given the genealogy of Jesus Christ. The second chapter speaks about His birth. In chapter three Jesus Christ is an Adult and gets water baptized.

John announced that he baptized with water unto repentance, but Jesus will baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire.

We learned from the scriptures Jesus got water baptized and He is going to baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire.

No comments: