Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Looking Through the Window

Today while at service I remembered something I use to do.

Before I attended my current church I had lived two houses away from the church. On Wednesdays I would look out my window at a certain time and watch people going to church. Then I would look out the window again to see when they were leaving. I would wonder how was their service. I did this for about nine months.

During that time, I was a new believer in Jesus Christ and I attended a church in Brooklyn. I was not able to attend the week day service in Brooklyn because of travel time. I had a church two door away and I would not visit it.

I have attended my current church for twelve years. I remember when I began to attend the week day service I wondered why did I wait so long.

Are you looking out the window, watching other enter and leave a church building? Take that step and visit the church. Do not do as I did for nine months.

No comments: